Come and work with The Web Orchard
The Web Orchard are looking to hire a Web Developer either as a remote role or from our office in Shrewsbury. The role will involve supporting our growing client base and developing in WordPress.
As a web developer, you will be responsible for aspects of front-end & backend web development within a team and will have much to contribute in shaping the way our digital offering goes forward.
You will need to attend meetings with stakeholders, write technical specifications, develop and action best practice processes e.g. QAT, liaise with other IT specialists and sales teams to provide the best digital solutions for clients and the business.
Working closely with clients, talented designers and multimedia specialists we have a collaborative approach to projects and you will be part of a highly motivated and focused team working together to see projects through to delivery, on time and within budget.
- Good experience in building WordPress sites
- Good experience in building responsive themes and plugins for WordPress
- Good experience in PHP and MySQL
- Experience in converting Adobe XD/Photoshop designs into WordPress themes
- Managing Ubuntu servers
- Git experience (version control)
- Understanding of Accessibility best practices
- Experience with Drupal 7
- Experience with iOS and Android App Development (using C# and Xamarin)
- Experience with other custom PHP projects
In return we will offer you increased holidays with length of service and a company pension scheme.
Salary – £25k – £35k subject to experience
Why Work for The Web Orchard?
- Optional remote working
- Modern equipment and software
- Company pension scheme
- Time for professional development and training
- A relaxing, challenging and supportive place to work
- Holidays which increase the longer you’re with us
We’re one of the most unique agencies in the region, running a web agency and IT support company.
Our projects span private sector, public sector, charities and stock market listed companies.
Our team are our biggest asset and we’re proud of the wide range of projects we’re able to deliver.
We encourage career progression and are always looking to upskill our team with new technologies and skills.
We have a strong environmental ethos and operate from a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ certification building from the centre of Shrewsbury.